J. Donald Braden
Areas Of Concentration
- Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Administration
- Transactional & Business Law
- 1975 — University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
- 1971 — University of Baltimore, B.S.
- Maryland State Bar Association, Board of Governors representing the Upper Eastern Shore
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
- Queen Anne's County Bar Association, Past President
Donald has practiced law in Queen Anne’s County and the Upper Eastern Shore for 43 years concentrating in the areas of law listed above.
From 1979 until 1987, he served as the elected State’s Attorney for Queen Anne’s County.
For over 20 years, Mr. Braden represented the Queen Anne’s County Department of Social Services. Although this involved an array of legal matters, his primary work for the Department was in Child in Need of Assistance and Termination of Parental Rights cases.
For the last 22 years, he has served as a member of the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission. The Commission is an arm of the State’s highest court responsible for administering a system of attorney discipline of those admitted to the bar of Maryland.
Mr. Braden has successfully briefed and argued a number of landmark cases before Maryland’s appellate court.
He and his wife, Sharon, daughter Meredith, granddaughter Eve reside in the Town of Centreville and are members of Mother of Sorrows/St. Peter the Apostle parish. Their son Parish, his wife Eileen and their daughter Charlotte, reside in Arlington, Virginia.